Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Mother's Words

“My son was diagnosed with Osteogenesis Imperfecta after a break in his pelvic bone at the age of 10 months.  A diagnosis took about 5 months and then I requested pool therapy.  My contact at the Family Infant Toddler (FIT) program in Sandoval County recommended that I contact LifeROOTS.  The pool therapist contacted me right away and we began weekly therapy sessions at a warm therapy pool.  My son loved his therapist and enjoyed the sessions, all the while growing stronger.  The therapist kept things fun for us but each activity was designed to help my son with his core strength.  He began walking and made incredible improvement.  He is now 6 1/2 years old and looks, plays and is strong like other boys his age.  We are so grateful for the year of pool therapy and know that it was a huge part of his success.  Thank you, LifeROOTS!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment